Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more
2018 General Election Important Dates
September 27, 2018: First day of grace period registration and early voting
October 9, 2018: Last day to register with an affiliated deputy voter registrar
October 21, 2018: Last day to use the online link to register to vote
November 1, 2018: Last day to apply for Vote by Mail ballot
November 6, 2018: Election Day!
Voter Registration Information
Before an election, find your polling place, information about the next election, information about voter registration, polling places and candidates at The DuPage Election Commission:
To vote, you must -
1, Be at least 18 years old on Election Day
2. Be a US citizen
3. Have lived in your election precinct for at least 30 days prior to Election Day
4. Not currently in jail after felony conviction
5. Not claim the right to vote anywhere else
Early Voting is a period of time before local and National elections that allows you to vote. During early voting, you must vote in person and you are never required to give a reason why you're voting early. On the DuPage County Election Commission website, find locations for early voting.
Voting By Mail
In order to vote by mail, you obtain an application in person, online, or by mail, and return the ballot to an election authority.
Get more information about voting by mail at the Illinois State Board of Elections website.
Discover candidate resources, including a candidate guide and judicial vacancies.
Illinois Voter Guide will be available as of October 1, 2018.
SEPTEMBER 25 NATIONAL VOTER REGISTRATION DAY
LWV Registrars will be registering voters in high schools and libraries.
Three Referendum Questions to Appear on Nov. 6 Ballot
The DuPage County Board has voted to include three referendum questions on the November 2018 ballot related to taxes and the size of local government. The questions are as follows:
- "Shall DuPage County oppose the General Assembly instituting a property tax increase equivalent to 1% of your home's value to help retire state debt?"
- "Shall DuPage County oppose the creation of a statewide Vehicle Mileage Tax (VMT) which would tax DuPage County citizens based upon the number of miles driven annually?"
- "Shall DuPage County continue to dissolve and consolidate units of local government to reduce costs, increase efficiencies, and increase accountability?"
For more information about the questions, please visit http://www.dupageco.org/CountyBoard/Docs/57996
The League of Women Voters of Illinois Education Fund is proud to partner with ABC 7 Chicago/WLS-TV and Univision Chicago to broadcast commercial free, "Vote 2018: The Debate in the Race for Illinois Governor. The debate will air LIVE, Wednesday, October 3, 6:00 PM -7:00 PM on ABC 7, abc7chicago.com and on the ABC 7 news app and the ABC 7 Chicago Facebook page. ABC 7 Anchor /Reporter Alan Krashesky will moderate with ABC 7 Political Reporter Craig Wall and Univision Chicago Anchor Erika Maldonado, serving on a panel to question the candidates. The debate will be available on-demand at abc7chicago.com and univisionchicago.com.